I'm in love with canning! Today I went to do dry-pack canning here at the Murray Cannery for my first time. It was so much fun and I really felt the Spirit there. I canned red wheat, white beans, dried apples & oats. I purchased a few already packed cans of pinto beans, rice, white flour and black beans. Also, a lady there recommended I try the refried beans, so I bought a few cans. I am so glad I did--you just add it to boiling water and it is delicious. I used a bit more water to make a smoother consistency for the girls. They loved them and it has alot of fiber. We now have about six months of food storage, and it gives German and me so much peace of mind. I am also excited to make some homemade wheat bread, but first I need to buy a wheat grinder. Anyone have a recommendation as to which one I should buy?
"We encourage members world-wide to prepare for adversity in life by having a basic supply of food and water and some money in savings." Click here for more info.
5 comments:
Love refried beans are awesome! We have had them before. Did you go with your ward or can you just go anytime? We need to get some more for our storage. And I dont know when the ward is going again.
OK I just read the first line of the last post and its suppose to say We love the refried beans ..they are Awesome! Makes more sense now. :)
I have always wanted to get into canning, but never have! I should! Call me up for sure in March! I am always up for a shopping trip! Those jeans you got are cute! I like that brand. I haven't ever bought any, but two of my sisters buy them a lot.
I know a little of what you mean when you say you're pooped. I just took Apollo to music makers and he was crazy the whole time. He just wants to take toys away from other kids.
i love the title of this blog! i am going to the cannery next weekend for the first time! i'll have to get some refried beans.
Post a Comment