I have to give a shout out to Babywise, I started it just before Christmas and it took four days to get them both to sleep from 11pm-5am at seven weeks. Although, I don't agree with every aspect of the book, it really helped me get the girls on the same feeding and wake/nap schedule. I just dropped their 10pm feeding on Monday night. I fed them at 7pm, put them down at 8:30pm and they slept until 5am! I still woke up every few hours thinking they were going to wake up any second fightin' mad with hunger. I thought it was just a lucky break--ya know just a one night thing, but last night I bathed them, fed them at 7:30pm and put them down at 9pm. I slept a little better than the night before, but still woke up on my own at 4am this morning. They weren't awake yet, but I couldn't go back to sleep. I started cleaning and waiting for them to wake up hungry. German gets up around 6am to change diapers and help me with the girls, then he gets ready for work. But this morning he was shocked to find out that the girls were still sleeping (usually he wakes up to them crying). Finally, at 7am I heard Lucy stirring a little bit, so I got her out of her crib and then had to wake up poor Audrey to eat. I knew it was possible, but I didn't know how exciting it would be for me! 9-10 hours! Two nights in a row! I hope they keep it up, now I just need to reteach myself how to sleep through the night again.
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
My girls finally love to sleep
I have to give a shout out to Babywise, I started it just before Christmas and it took four days to get them both to sleep from 11pm-5am at seven weeks. Although, I don't agree with every aspect of the book, it really helped me get the girls on the same feeding and wake/nap schedule. I just dropped their 10pm feeding on Monday night. I fed them at 7pm, put them down at 8:30pm and they slept until 5am! I still woke up every few hours thinking they were going to wake up any second fightin' mad with hunger. I thought it was just a lucky break--ya know just a one night thing, but last night I bathed them, fed them at 7:30pm and put them down at 9pm. I slept a little better than the night before, but still woke up on my own at 4am this morning. They weren't awake yet, but I couldn't go back to sleep. I started cleaning and waiting for them to wake up hungry. German gets up around 6am to change diapers and help me with the girls, then he gets ready for work. But this morning he was shocked to find out that the girls were still sleeping (usually he wakes up to them crying). Finally, at 7am I heard Lucy stirring a little bit, so I got her out of her crib and then had to wake up poor Audrey to eat. I knew it was possible, but I didn't know how exciting it would be for me! 9-10 hours! Two nights in a row! I hope they keep it up, now I just need to reteach myself how to sleep through the night again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
That is so great! Way to go. I am impressed.
Some people think babies sleeping through the night is simply luck, but it is way more then that. You must be a great teacher. That is fabulous! I'm sure it won't take too long, before you too are able to sleep, "like a baby." :)
yay!! good job mommy! way to go getting them BOTH on a schedule. hopefully its permanent...until they start teething!! :)
That is amazing! Good for you. I'm still waking up several times a night with Alexander due to my own lack of "sticking with a program" during the night. I admire you!
Hooray! Sounds like you are doing a GREAT job. It makes all the difference, to have a longer stretch of sleep. Stick with it!
Wow, that is amazing! I am impressed. Aiden still doesn't consistently sleep through the night!
YEA!!!!!
Post a Comment