I've noticed that when I am tired, I spend more time here on the computer. I waste time and kind of 'avoid' the girls as they play around me or sit on my lap. I do basic maintenance (feed, change diapers, etc.) and maybe throw a load in the washer even though I have about four loads upstairs still waiting to be put away. Then there are days when I have more energy--I get sooo much done around the house and go the whole day w/o even looking at the computer screen. What is it about the computer that calls to me when I am feeling like a tired hunk of blah? Hmmm, don't know...maybe Saaaatan? (haha, remember the Dana Carvey-church lady SNL skits?)
I also tend to eat very tasty and rather unhealthy food when I am tired. Lately, it seems as though baking or cooking has been my therapy. Weird or normal??? Hmmm, don't know, but asi es! I enjoy following a recipe and adding my own additions, especially when it turns out delicious. It is probably because I have control over the food and LOVE when it works out the way it is supposed to...very unlike my real life, very rarely do things work out the way they are supposed to.
Anyway, I realize my life is as it should and that brings me peace. I know this is what mothering entails and I absolutely love my girls. I feel very lucky to be a mother, but sometimes (yes sometimes) I really wish I could have had one baby at a time...ya know like spaced out every few years. I think I would enjoy each stage alot more. Or maybe not, I guess I'll never really know, but I am SOOO dreading the whole potty training experience. Basically, I just wish I could slow things down and enjoy more.
Well, it is almost naptime and Sage is on my lap chewing on the dental floss case and the girls found the trivial pursuit box in the closet and they've emptied out all of the question/answer cards. Such a joy those two. And how I adore their snotty noses. Oh and I think I smell poop...time to play 'which one is stinky?'
Have a wonderful day!
P.S. What do you think the odds are of all three girls taking a good long nap so I can nap, too?Another hmmmm.
P.P.S. Lucy is the poop winner.
P.P.P.S. Is there anything more precious than baby feet?
1 comment:
love that photo! I love baby feet... I think there's only one thing worse than potty training two girls at the same time! potty training 2 boys at the same time!! (that's my fear... maybe because they are individuals, they'll be ready to potty train at different times?!)
I can relate to the bad food and computer screen when you are tired!
hope you get a nap soon:-)
Post a Comment