Sunday, November 11, 2007

Can't get enough of 'em!

Got through the first night with the girls - the burping, feeding, diaper-changing marathon has begun! While we are both exhausted we can't get over the fact that our girls are home and our adventures in parenting have begun. No doubt there will be much more trying times as fatigue sets in and we become pooped. We'll definetly rely more on all you guys (friends and family) who are farther along than us to remind us of the joys and worthwhileness (is that a word?).

Day 5 and their personalities are already coming through! Audrey tends to be more independent and less needy. Most of the time she can soothe herself back to sleep and does not put up much of a fuss. I am positive it is due in no small part to her difficult first hours of life when she fought to get the fluid out of her lungs to be able to breath. When she's awake she's extremely perceptive of her surroundings. Her big eyes wander all about as she reacts to objects, sounds and daddy's long nose and big ears. I can't get enough of the tender look on her face when she sleeps. It brings back tears as I am reminded of Audrey's first critical hours as the doctors worked on her while I talked to her and she held my finger.

Lucy loves to be held. Usually she can fall asleep only if she's right next to mommy or in daddy's arms. She is a little more territorial and hasn't yet gotten used to the idea of having Audrey in her crib next to her. Her beautiful cheeks and dark hair are precious. We love them so much!
Audrey is on the left and seems to be having a great dream, apparently when she wakes up she realizes that dream isn't real. They are so fun to watch...

10 comments:

Kristi said...

I swear she is actually smiling in that video! Who ever sees a 5 day old smiling... and actually catches it on camera??? I am so happy you all are together at home now. I'm bummed we couldn't be hospital buddies. I tried but can't seem to get this little guy to cooporate.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh - you guys had perfect timing with your video!!! How cute is that little smile :)...I am so happy for the both of you - the girls are absolutely perfect!!!

love you!
Iz

Amy said...

Your girls are so beautiful!! Congratulations you guys - we're so happy for you!

robin marie said...

what dolls!! i hope you keep making it through the nights!

Ally said...

SO CUTE!!! I can't wait to watch them grow.....

Tish Solomon said...

Hey! What beautiful girls! It was fun to hear how excited you are about each movement and sound. How great an adventure. We;re thinking of you. Sorry we are so far away:-(

Bethany @ The Paper Pony said...

They are gorgeous! I am so happy that everyone is home and healthy... now the fun REALLY begins!

Lisa said...

They are just amazing. The first few months are so tiring and tough, but you guys are doing so great! We love you!

Heather said...

I know I'm not much of a blogger but I have been keeping up on your family. Wonderful, absolutely beautiful. I can't stop talking to Doug about the beautiful Galaso babies.

Ryan & Kiersta said...

So Cute!!!How are you two holding up? I will call you...Kiersta